Did you know I'm Cajun? Yep, my Mom's side of the family is from Louisiana. We are very fond of putting Cajun spice on everything. Here's a nutritious way to enjoy some crunchy, tasty chips. By thinly slicing and baking vegetables, you're able to get your chip fix without tanking your fitness results. Make a large batch on the weekend and portion your veggie chips out into ziplock bags for the week.
Here's what you need:
- 2 lbs of root vegetables, thinly sliced (parsnips, beets or carrots)
- Sea salt
- Cajun spice (I recommend Tony Chacheres)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thinly slice the root vegetables with a mandoline slicer, to 1/8 inch thickness. Toss the sliced veggies with a sprinkle of sea salt and Cajun spice.
- Spread the sliced veggies over the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, or until crispy. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 139 calories, 0g fat, 287mg sodium, 22g carbs, 8g fiber, and 3g protein
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers! Hit the share buttons below and send this newsletter to your friends. They can subscribe here.
For the Squad,